Thursday, November 8, 2012

What's Worth Doing, Even If I Fail??


Daring Greatly Book Trailer from Brené Brown on Vimeo.


"What would you do if you knew you could not fail? What's worth doing, even if I fail?" ` Beren` Brown


I was chatting with a friend the other day who reads Brene Brown, and was sharing with me how fabulous Brene's new book, Daring Greatly, is.  The impact the book has had on her personal life...giving examples of venerability she has shared, and found amazing support as she broke through her facade of an exterior.  Perfection, Bullet Proof, Facade, Self Preservation.....Authentic, Venerable, Shame Resilience, Daring Greatly.  One of the "things" I love so much about working with my dogs is:  there is no perfect when it comes to that work.  There is the satisfaction of a job well done (or not)...but the dogs whisper to me (or maybe that is true and good caring friends) how I am affecting the relationship, the understanding, the reaction.  I'm the one who can stop the insanity; to step up and try something different ...and the dogs always answer.  If I am unable to pay close attention to the details of the whispers....my dogs continue to do what they do.  However, if I can rise above my ego and really look at what I am saying/doing and what my dogs do in response.....then I can make changes in myself in attempt to add clarity, understanding, partnership, building up, easing tension and growing.

I'm heading off to a clinic very soon.  Packing and list making....I've spent much of the summer, and most certainly all of the fall, trying to step back and see myself/my dogs/my work from a most critical point of view. Not critical as in negative but critical as in honest, authentic, venerable, transparent....me and my part of the journey.  Clinics often make me step out of my comfort zone....letting go of the negative critic, the perfectionist, the know-it-all, the show-how-far-I've-come; all main courses I've sampled, both in dishing and being dished; none of which were tasty nor satisfying.  I've got a clean slate and an empty notebook....my personal agenda is "how can I be a better team mate running the dogs that I have?" Daring Greatly.......failing really is not the worst thing that can happen.....Never doing is.

Remember: The only one who ever really stops you from doing something you need to do, is you ~ Joel, Blog of Impossible Things

Seize the Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment