Here the first campers pulled in....I do believe that is the Helsley family and friends!
The trial committee met to discus the layout of the field......amazing how many top hats it took to make decisions....and how they all came to one conclusion.....only those on the committee would know!
This was my "home away from home" during the daylight hours. It was formally called the "information" tent. Not exactly sure how informative we were....those of us residing there day after day....but the view was great!
The set out pens were amazing! Designed by Ellen Skillings....they made the wrangling job so much more user friendly. On Monday, those in charge of the sheep.....kindly showed the girls around their diggs and gave them encouragement to "get used to it" sistas!
The girls were released....four by four...and allowed to check out the field....grazing on the newly harvested alfalfa...what a treat! 
And then.....it was on to the main event! You can barely see the fetch panels in the middle of the field....but this was taken from the set out looking back at the whole affair......
What an amazing trial! I had no idea what all happens to put on an event like this.....and I was amazed at what a fabulous group of people pulled together to make it happen. Throughout the week, I did indeed get to see a few runs......but by Sunday....I went on strike and watched every single run...taking notes and dreaming of years to come! How does one put into words the beauty of the working border collie? I've left that to the other bloggers who covered the runs so eloquently.....as for me, for once, I have been left speechless!
The girls were released....four by four...and allowed to check out the field....grazing on the newly harvested alfalfa...what a treat! 
And then.....it was on to the main event! You can barely see the fetch panels in the middle of the field....but this was taken from the set out looking back at the whole affair......
What an amazing trial! I had no idea what all happens to put on an event like this.....and I was amazed at what a fabulous group of people pulled together to make it happen. Throughout the week, I did indeed get to see a few runs......but by Sunday....I went on strike and watched every single run...taking notes and dreaming of years to come! How does one put into words the beauty of the working border collie? I've left that to the other bloggers who covered the runs so eloquently.....as for me, for once, I have been left speechless! Seize the day
Love the photos from the setout perspective - what a unique view!
ReplyDeleteAnd you forgot the papillon ;)
It was fun meeting you and working with you. I also love the photo from the setout. See you down the road...
ReplyDeleteOkay...Monique....and a papillon...but you did not stay long enough!
ReplyDeleteNice to meet you too Billy.....and your.....my foot in my mouth....brother! I've added you to my blog list! Yes indeed....see you down the road....till then....seize the day!