First stop was Vernal Utah.....the dogs were tired of driving and so was I. Just 5 hours shy of Carbondale, Colorado....after seeing all the big game road kill on the side of the road...I was glad we called it a night in the daylight hours!
Here is my morning Welcome Wagon...thank GOD Dot was on a leash or we would have been working deer...or attempting to practice recalls in the wee hours of dawn. There were a flock of wild turkeys and my sidekick saw a bob cat. Somehow I think we are not in Kansas...in fact we are at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains!
We stopped in Meeker....me, licking my wounds to the fact that I am 82nd out on the wait list for the Meeker Trial in September. We found the famous Meeker statue and I petted the dog for good luck....then on to Strang Ranch!
There are two trial fields, both have shed rings.
All this with a view.....
Tomorrow the trial begins. I'm hoping Bella stays sound and can give it a whirl. Nell is happy to be here with her runs in Open and Gyp will have her go's in Pro Novice. Here's to sweet dreams of good dog work! Tomorrow the Strang Ranch games begin!
Seize the Day.
See you in a week!
ReplyDeleteWe miss you already!
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking time out to share tour journey with those of us who have to live it vicariously through you.
ReplyDelete