Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Friends......

As I leave more years behind me, I've begun to really appreciate the value of a true and good friend.  I'm not one to collect "friends" as if they were flower arrangements; the bigger the better in quantity.  I've also come to embrace the fact that I am a pretty private person, my journey is one of becoming, and the word "friend" holds a special definition of quality, accountability, transparency, authenticity, loyalty, truth, with a smidge of unconditional love.  I love that line in the song, "your best friend sticking up for you, even when they know your wrong." 

As I prepare to head out to the Finals in Virginia....it was good to take time and work dogs with friends. 

Shedding on lambs at my little slice of Heaven.....


Lengthening outruns....


Enjoying the beauty of the dogs, discussing the goods and needs works....


I love the opportunity to get out and work as many places as I can.  It might sound crazy but it makes me happy to see the dogs sort out new sheep and different situations.  Even when it does not go as planned, the ride home sorting and evaluating and digging deeper to find ways to help the dogs find the answers with me, is one of the great pleasures of my life.

Gyp is just sure Mary needs her help!
I'm also finding some flexibility with age.....though that flexibility comes about much like birthing a 10 pound baby: lots of pain!!!  My thoughts of driving to the finals changed with the reality of autumn weather; shorter days, unsure of route to get there and back, changes at home requiring attention, grass needing planting, lambs needing sold.  Maybe all the above are just excuses for my butt not really wanting to sit in a truck seat for 3 days to Missouri then 2 more on to Virginia, but heck, I am now flying.  To be honest, there were a few days I contemplated not going. Then I gave myself the pep talk about not letting fear dictate what I do and don't do with my life. I really could not have gotten to this decision if it were not for my friends.  Nell, Bella and I are flying across America to experience the finals in Virginia.  I'll try to blog my adventure......probably not much on Facebook because I am trying to take that is smaller doses these days. 

Friends.......I'm so thankful for my good ones......

Seize the Day!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to livin' the dream vicariously through your adventures. Can't wait to read the blog posts.

    Something must be in the air that is a good thing. I read more and more about people cutting back on Facebook and working to connect personally with people. Yeah, I think that's what our country needs right now. Good people making direct connections.

    Travel safe. Have fun. Be a good partner for your dogs. Enjoy the journey. And, keep us posted as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna! I have a ticket into the finals for YOU if you come and meet me there! If I were driving, I would have had a bed to LOL. There are things I love about FB....over the weekend, I sold fleeces at a market and they updated their page early in the morning letting us know the sale was still on. I also love being able to private message people that I would otherwise have no way of getting ahold of. (like you lol) So I keep my foot in the door but remind myself every morning, LIFE is for LIVING! I'm going to miss not stopping in to see you. But...I will blog! I bought a small carry on and am taking my lap top, camera and trying to sort with video camera will go along for the ride. Seize the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good girl! Glad your blog is letting me comment again. It had locked me out for a while!

    ReplyDelete