I'm preparing to head up the road to one of my favorite trials....LaCamas. It tops my list for a number of reasons: lovely field, challenging sheep, local.... really, though, it was my first every big open trial I attended way back in the beginning. I remember hanging out by the open field, after my non-existant pro novice runs with Snook...who would not lift sheep off the setter from an old grudge....it was outrun, glance at setter, same trajectory all the way back to the post to pick me up and take me to the truck. I sat at the open field, off by myself, and watched run after run after run, dreaming of the day I would send a dog on that field at LaCamas. Those memories of the years following, the dogs I have been privileged to send, the runs, the dramatic end of a grip in the shed, the gambling cone of last year.....and now I load the truck for another opportunity to live my dream. Crook, check; lucky leash, check; security blanket whistle, check! I am off.........
My goals:
*run the dog I am taking to the post
*stive for that magic of team work: appropriate corrections, clear whistles, sharp timing
*know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em
*Seize the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment