It happened.....almost picture perfect to how it was dreamed. Last week, I got up, fed dogs, went out and did my chores, came in and had a cup of coffee with my son. Then, together we went out and moved e-net, I came in and flung some laundry around and put the clean dishes away......sounds like another day of living. But for me, amidst living the day......I stopped and looked around....it was the realization of a dream. So many times of driving back and forth to my little slice of Heaven, 15 minutes each way, just to do chores, and while I drove I thought about living where my animals are.
Here I am, living that dream. The sheep have settled into their new loafing shed and the idea that many a field are available for grazing. The dogs love the big field, the running around and the sheep work. There are days where I have to pinch myself to see if I am dreaming......some days I feel like I am just visiting.
I took Sis out into the big field two days ago. The fenceless side now has e-net thanks to a good friend and a big Premier order. We drove the sheep around....and worked on outruns......and as we walked back for the day....we both felt it. Hard to put into words....but the feelings .....I just love it here.
It's our first Christmas, the house is decorated and the tree is absolutely perfect despite it's flaws. I cut it down from our little tree grove. The sheep will get some time in the pasture below before I tuck them in for the evening. The rain is supposed to let up this weekend and I am looking forward to sharing some dog work on Saturday.
I always want to remember.....all the things that have brought me here. All the details that make this, right here, so amazing. The big field, the well, the quiet, all the nature that calls this home, the big red antique barn, the tranquil pond.....the still and almost mundane moments that add up to make this perfect. I must be getting older.....it is not the big and flamboyant expectations but instead the small, priceless tiniest of details that take my breath away. May my eyes always be looking for the miracles....
Merry Christmas!
Seize the day.
Merry Christmas to you too. I know what you're talking about. We bought our 80 acre place 3 1/2 years ago. My husband has always noticed that when I am outside here and no matter what I am doing I look happy........like I finally found my place to be.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.