Wednesday, June 22, 2016

"Beat Stress"

I just opened an email....the tag line was "Beat Stress".  It was a woo woo advert for a meditation program that touts, "Imagine achieving instant results -- LESS STRESS, more happiness, greater focus, improved creativity...immediately."  WOW!!!  IMMEDIATE results...all without effort.  As I read the ad...I thought "damn, too bad it wasn't weight removal!".  Right?

I thought about that ad all day long today....so much of what is wrong in me has to do with wanting results RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE!  Those 10+ pounds....I put on over months...yep I sure would like them gone NOW!  The zen of meditation that takes a life time to attain....sure would love that in less than 12 minutes a day with a miraculous audio program.  Or how about a "trained to open dog".....yes sirree...that can be done in a month.  

What if.....bear with me on this one....what if I took the time to enjoy the journey.  What if, I enjoy the food I eat and the runs of the day.....and instead of wanting anything other than what I have this very moment....I just am!  What if I take my time and allow my dog the privilege of sorting her outrun by providing opportunities to have big field gathers as well as set sheep for her. What if I take my time and enjoy her unfolding...knowing that any step of the way, I can be there to help her and  teach her; trusting myself to know when to do just that.  What if i don't make a big deal out of what happened yesterday....knowing today is a new day and it will never be yesterday again! What if, I took time to mediate instead of the time on social media?  

Perhaps....just perhaps....I can embrace what is and allow what will be....taking the time to do so.  And perhaps I will stop looking for short cuts or magic bullets!  

Yep, it's a good day to make extraordinary!  

Seize the day.

4 comments:

  1. Nice post. :) Send me that fast-track program, would ya? I have plenty of uses for it! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right??? long live the dog bloggers!!!! XO

      Delete
    2. Time... My ever so elusive quantity. Goes hand and hand with my patience...or lack there of.

      Delete
    3. time, patience and knowing, rather than the destination, the journey just might be the meaning of life....love you girls! thanks for reading me.

      Delete