Friday, July 29, 2011

Crooks & Crazies

Laura over at Crooks and Crazies wants to know.......so here it is.   In the comment section of my Mentors and Anti-mentors post....a few friends shared some of their "stories from the field" that had me laughing as well as embracing that "it happens", even to the best of them!

1. Most embarrassing moment:

There have been a few.....but the biggest one was running Sally in Nell's spot at the regionals.  It was one of my first open trials with two open dogs and I was helping to put the trial on. We ran real early....3rd I think it was....and put down a decent run.  As I walked off the course....my good friend and course director, Cheryl came over to break the news.  As I processed the information...it dawned on me....I not only ran Sally in Nell's spot...but now Nell could not run as she would be in Sally's spot!  Not good.......not good at all.  Making lemonade out of lemons and being one of the hard workers for the trial which pulled me the sympathy card, they went ahead and let me run Nell.......however, I was DQ'd as I walked to the post.  I have to admit I fantasized about swearing every-other-word just because I could!  Nell ended up gripping out on the first leg of the drive!

The next day, after checking the running order 1,000,00 times and getting the help of good friends who were now watching my back....Sally ran first and made it into the double lift.  As you can imagine, I have developed a neurosis about running orders, and much like the compulsive hand-washer, I FREAK out when I can't have a copy of the run order to keep with me and check bazillion times.



2.  What is my favorite whistle?  Well, I am a fan of the cat call........and of course have been known to use whistles to notify my children I had arrived at their middle school to pick them up. Funny how they hear that whistle and know it is me.

Okay, getting serious.....I am telling myself my favorite whistle is my pinkies.



I do use two pinkies when I attempt to finger whistle on a run but I could not figure out how to get them both in the shot AND take the picture.  After seeing my pinkie...I think I need to contact eyeherdewe to order up some child-sized common pinkies to whistle with.  Anyway, I keep thinking if I tell myself how much I love to whistle with my fingers on long runs where Nell needs so many steadies that I have to take an oxygen tank with me to the post.....maybe I will get better!

Thanks Laura for the fun topic.......

Seize the Day!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oxygen tank... hahahaha. I can see now that some practical jokers could have a field day with your running order. Not that I'd ever advocate that. Ever. :)

    Hey, thanks for playing! Good stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete