This morning, the Sheep Boss called and said the sheep that lived on Sheep Mountain had a truck ride for Wednesday morning....so they must be gathered in today. These were the same sheep that beat us on Friday....time to get serious.
Naughty sheep have all sorts of hidden trails crisscrossing that mountain, and heights mean nothing to them! I ended above the first tree line with Nell....pushing sheep out of the comfortable shade and onto sheep trails through the grass far down below. I learned a few things....cowgirl boots are slick on steep grass hillsides......the side of the mountain, under the tree groves, is close to Heaven.......Nell rocks!
Yes indeed, naughty sheep! We got another 120 of them......but as I walked down the last slope, making the final push to the Pratley....I could hear some distance ghostly baas of laughter that will require yet another visit to Sheep Mountain! Maybe the shepherd will be back for that adventure.
Seize the Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment