I've become a gypsy. Not only does my truck look like I am homeless for all the items I have stored in it....I never know what I might need..... I've also found a way to sleep in the back of it. It was not a bad night of sleep....just need a tad bit more padding (in the truck bed and not on my body, to clarify!). I also think Bella and Nell were whispering half the night...."I think she is sleeping in here", "she is loosing it!" You know, stuff like that. It is a good thing I am an early riser! The only person awake to see me stumble out the back of the truck was Chris from Fido's and she is thankfully one tough cookie and kind enough to not mention the Medusa hair and albino white legs!
There was so much to like about the trial and my dogs....Gyp ran nursery and each run showed more understanding as we finished the course twice. Bella had a super shed and found some final's points laying around. Nell had a sweet second run. Me, well, after some round table discussion with friends about my whistles and why I could easily pass out at the post if I did not switch to my brass whistle, with input, I found the way to get Nell around her second go with just my fingers! That was a big first as the course was complicated and I used a lot of whistles to get around it.
So what needs work......Gyp will continue with work and understanding. Bella will continue the shed....she is hunting it....but we struggled with the marked shed. I know I confused her as I missed single after single trying to get that collared sheep to where I could cut it off. Nell also continues her shed work, especially because I like shedding best off my left side and she prefers my right. We both better become ambidextrous...just sayin.
This week is bitter sweet.....I dred the fourth. My older dogs are not handling all the serious fireworks that are going off night after night after night. However, if I can soilder through to the 5th.....I have a date with Buck Brannaman on Friday and then on to Magnolia Farm's sheepdog trial.
The big question running through my mind right now is.....how many points do you think it will take to get into the finals this year???
Seize the Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment