See #82??
That's my boy!
I also love it when he gets held...and his shoulder pad is hanging out of his jersey....and he walks around nonchalant like.....showing the refs they might want to pay closer attention....
It stops my heart...just a beat.... to look up and see my boy on the big screen score board.
I get a catch in my throat when the ESPN announcer says."That's red shirt freshman, Jake Withnell, from Salem, Oregon...."
Raising this son has had its moments...sleepless nights from the moment of conception. Hardly a dull moment as I've cheered him on at basketball games, baseball games, football games, agility trials. I home schooled him three years before middle school beckoned. The whole journey of raising up to then stand aside and watch soar, its been one of the two greatest achievements in my life, providing value and meaning and deep pride....but the greatest gift has been experiencing mama love to the fullest! And the best part of mama love is.....that never goes away.
I'm also amazed that my children have ended up being my heroes. Each in their own ways. My #82 has drive, perseverance, discipline and a deep sense of team mixed with great passion for competition and excellence. He pushes me to be more: to dig a little deeper and work a little smarter and leave nothing on the field. So in between working a few dogs.....I'm catching football games. And yes, I'm "that" mom that will paint her face and yell at the refs and do those silly cheers...."First Down...Eagles" Football does that to me.....I just can't help myself.
Seize the Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment