Oh yes...in so many areas of my life: all about synchronization!
First, after swearing up and down I would not lamb again until I lived where my sheep live....I've had those needed months post-partum to settle down, stop with the over-reacting, and realize if I want fresh lambs, I must lamb out ewes. Thanks to a good bestie from Kenleigh Acres Farm, (she who I swear is Laura Lawson's sister) I was lead down the path of good information and changes in CIDR use protocol based on scientific evidence....meaning, I was not using my CIDRs in a manor that was effective. Since buying my first group of CIDRs....the makers have learned that what they taught me then was really for folks who lived on the equator. I'm on the 45 parallel and need more time and hormone injections...oh, that explains it! Hence why I put 5 CIDRs in last winter and lambed out three ewes.....the sellers of the CIDRs are now saying there is a better way. Or at least that is what they have assured me. So I am toying with Father Time and meddling with Mother Nature, yet again. Not following the procedure to the exact formula because I seem to have lost my ability to count, but 10 days in on the CIDR inserts followed by an injection of PG 600 and I should be lambing 15 ewes in a week. Hoping the ram is as virile as Melinda says he is and can cover 5 ewes a day, every other day. TMI?
Second, I continue my attempts to find synchronicity in my shedding. I had the opportunity to drive 10 hours to get a quick tune up with "he who has taught me to shed." He is a pretty darn good shedder himself...can explain things well enough for me to understand...and my never ending list of questions don't seem to perplex him more than a yellow jacket sting would. It was fun to have him catch the wisps of fog that were floating in my brain as I could see, yet not clearly, what I was missing: that oh so elusive ingredient. SNAP..why didn't I think of that. I was so intent on shedding that I was missing the fact each of my dogs has a bit different method of shedding and different issues that need addressed. Bella is hunting the hole and is coming through very nicely......but if the hole manifests and it is not the sheep I really want, indeed it is the sheep I get, as she anticipates and executes. Very carefully, I will begin to add in some challenges all the while making sure she continues to be my willing partner intent on keeping her confidence up, and us moving together in a directions of team work and understanding. Nell is pushing a bit, so my method will be a little different with her. I've been working on shedding as I get ready for the finals. I know that is an area that I need work on, and it also is something my dogs are beginning to love to do...so maybe that is a win/win instead of drilling the heck out of my dogs. I'll see soon enough.
Where the finals seemed far away, so far that it felt like I might never get there. Now, the days can not go slow enough. I'm trying to breath and enjoy the journey and as always
Seize the Day!
"The days can not go slow enough" -- you said it, sista.
ReplyDelete