Sunday, October 28, 2012
Say Goodnight Gracie......
The 2012 trial season has come to an end for me. Bitter sweet for sure but a rest might be in good order. On my long drive home from Fire Ridge last night, rain bucketing down, big red truck hyrdo-planing, forcing me to slow down, creating more time to reminisce.....some sweet memories came back to me of understanding, partnership, and some super fun times with my girls on sheep. Crazy days of working for the Sheep Boss, learning along side a few new friends from the Shepherd. Lazy days on secret fields filled with scrumptious sheep, learning together with my dogs...freedom to try and fail, without ridicule, to try again. Amazing trial days...sitting at the feet of some of the best handlers and some very treasured friends, watching, taking notes, trying to absorb through my eyes and pores. Hours and hours of editing footage, capturing runs, more learning opportunities. And then there are my own trial runs, the good bring such amazement; the bad: there for me to learn what I need if I am willing to look.
I feel a little lost right now....no real goals just yet for 2013. I think maybe those seeds have been planted but are not yet sprouting. It feels a bit like January here in my mind. Though not comfortable, being lost is not where I enjoy finding myself, I'm going to revel in the calm, feel it, soak in it, roll around a little and look forward to coming through on the other side.
Goodnight
Seize the Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rest up.
ReplyDeleteIt will all come together.
It did for me.
It will for you.
When I was offered a free 2013 calendar at the grocery store yesterday I surprised myself by saying yes without hesitation! Reminded me of your post. :-)
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to your annual end of year, beginning of new year posts.