As I opened the door to the AKC Dog Show building on Friday, I glanced left and saw a trailer with a sign that said, "BEAR testing". After watching my friend show her, I stand corrected, truck dog that is working on his GRAND Champion title, I went back to the trailer and inquired about having one of my dogs BEAR tested. Their day was slow and I've always wanted to have Bella's hearing tested....not really because she blows me off regularly but more out of curiosity and the fascination of genetics. So indeed, Miss Bella had her hearing tested......I tried to get photos but she was not interested in my paparazzi impersonation; instead I will show her results:
The good news is: she CAN hear perfect! The bad news is: I'm going to have to dig deep and find another BS excuse as to why she does not stop for me "on occasion"!
The whole test was fascinating...and Bella took it like a trooper. The clinician used needles and electrodes to capture the brainwave responses and a little ear bud to administer the sound.
I'm sure all my dogs and my sons wish the BEAR testers could have tested my hearing too! Oh well, next time.....
Seize the Day!

Hard of hearing, I fear , is less common than "hard of listening"
ReplyDeleteIndeed Susan and I try not to diagnose my dogs as I fear that "hard of listening" might be more "lack of consistency" on the my part. Something I am looking at very closely right now!
ReplyDelete