some create shine...adding where needed, taking away what is unnecessary. One would never participate without THE bucket with the essential tools to make the most of the day.
And when comparing buckets, it might be easy to fall into bucket envy. Those buckets with the rhinestones and dazzle are most certainly alluring. Yet a closer inspection might reveal that bucket does not hold what might be needed for the moments of the day of the life the chosen bucket supports.
I have a bucket, filled with things I know; some of which I have forgotten are in my bucket while others I have chosen to not use. "Things" that could add to or take away for improvement. I love having good friends, one of which filled in as my bucket carrier today. Together we pulled out the tools from my bucket: "every person is on a journey for themselves" was one of the first tools pulled out, cleaned and sharpened. "What others think is no bother" was hidden in a pocket. "There are many ways to train dogs, use what suits the dog being trained" was laying on the top, having been most recently used. There were more tools, some which were quite rusty, while others were well worn; all good to look at and review their proper uses. "soft whistles; save the harsh for a correction", "a little bit is still an answer", "don't let the judge take points based on your emotions".
We also agreed, bucket comparing is never a good idea; it's human nature to compare the worst and lack of one bucket to the best and appearance of another. Never an accurate comparison which can only lead to jealousy and a lack of satisfaction.
It's good to have friends to wade through the bucket of life with. This friend asked why I have not blogged much lately. I confessed I had been busy over thinking and some of those thoughts were best left in my head. He told me to get over my thinking and post some cute lamb pictures.....
Instead I'll show you the secret life of his truck dog.....
a champion in the making.....
with small thanks to the bucket carrier!
Seize the Day!
A Corgi! Of course. Corgi's have their own secret buckets, at least my KC does. Jill seems to be making her own bucket these days - although for the life of me there are time when I don't 'get' her tools. Me - well, I have buckets for different arenas. My agility and Rally buckets are full. My Herding bucket is small, but slowly getting filled. Thanks to a certain someone who writes wonderful blogs ;-)
ReplyDeleteI just love this post. What a nice reminder to clean things out and only collect what we can carry. :)
ReplyDelete