Monday, September 9, 2013

Living Plans

Four weeks.....28 days.....672 hours......40,320 minutes......then I hit the road.  No more making plans, it is time to start living them! 

Bella's physical therapy appointments have the Ortho vet telling me to "start working her".  For the past week I've been jogging her with the four wheeler and taking long walks with her.  Afterwards, I stretch her out and give her a massage and let her ride up front as "truck dog" and I wonder if she will ever really be 100% because she likes the special treatment so much.  Back on sheep, Bella is full over herself with push, tight and stop-less intensity; so we shed.  Shedding seems to bring sense to all the clean up for Bella and it works me out too.  It's good to have her back!  I'm looking forward to my next appointment with the Ortho vet to see how my week of work have played out on Bella's body.

Nell is really fun right now.  We are working on her listening and me being accurate; no guessing for either of us! We are shedding too but I'm doing bigger, longer work as well. 

Then there is me; right about now the dogs ask for the key board as they have some things they would like to share.  I tell them to start their own darn blog but I listen.  Nell would say, "keep to the whistle program. They are getting better but loose clarity with fatigue"  So I work on my whistles, work on my physical stamina and health, work on my head and mental toughness.  Then I break out MapQuest and start planning my journey to and from The Finals.  Idaho, Montana, Colorado, Missouri, Kentucky, Virginia there.......home might include a quick stop in Indiana and then I fantasize about making a southern tour.  There are friends in Georgia, Texas, and Nevada I'd like to spend time with.  All the while, I visualize Bella coming into heat and sorting through my list of potential husbands, some of which could be visited on the way home, which expands the list!

All the while, life goes on.  My ranchette and livestock need attention, the barn needs cleaned, more hay to haul, and dogs to train.  I'm thankful for the rhythm of my ranch; consistent mixed with a tang of unpredictable....such a metaphor to life.

Time to live my plan....there are sheep to be shed....and whistles to be practiced......

Seize the Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment