Oh wait....this ain't no fairy tale....this really happened! And so I take a break from all things sheepdog and mental management and take this blog into my life of the mom of a college playing football son.
Year after year, we've been OSU fans, going to many football games and wearing Orange and Black. Living in the Willamette Valley, our friends are either OSU fans or they are U of O fans and that rivalry is enough to keep life fun filled with lighthearted bantering all year long. This year, as we attended the game at Reeser Stadium, home to the OSU Beavers, we were clad in Black and Red with Eastern Washington Eagles wear....our friend still invited us to tailgate and all were wishing Jake well....but you could tell they were sort of feeling part sorry and part proud to kick our butts around the field.
I love getting to the game early and watching my boy warm up. I had one of those "mom moments"....watching my son realize a dream. All those football games and dreaming of playing on the field at Reeser Stadium, and here he is, #82
The game began, we were seated at the far end of the end zone in the visitor's seats; not our usual seats by any means. It was a hot day and we could hardly see the other end of the field....but we were Eagles and that meant something! Every time we scored, I took a picture......I took lots of pictures!!
That was the final score......OSU 46 Eastern Washington 49. I could hardly breath for the last 18 seconds of the game as OSU pressed down the field into what they hoped was field goal range. It was so close to going into over time. What a great day......I was so proud of the Eastern boys, each of them giving all to make their team strong.
This is one of the reasons I love sports. I love that fact that anything can happen. Each team was well prepared, both went out and played well, neither gave up or quit. On this day, the underdog (take that Vegas) won. Somehow living a story like this gives me great hope. Train with focus, do the work, put in the time with passion, compete and never give up........
Seize the Day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment