It's hard to believe it was one year ago that Sis had her puppies; talk about a life changing event. As I was reminiscing with friends the other day.....we came to the conclusion that one never knows how strong they are until they go through the hard times. I learned I am strong......I can live without sleep.....I have great friends....and asking for help is part of life.
It's Christmas time and I am grateful for the reminder of all that is important to me: Relationships, Love, Time and Tolerance. The things I don't like about Christmas is Expectations and Wrapping presents. I solved my second dislike by buying boxes that look "already wrapped" and I use them year after year. But how to creatively deal with Expectations? I've been reminding myself daily to do all the things that make me happy for Christmas...and as I am doing them, stay in the moment. This is a tough one for me......I struggle with the busyness of the holiday while others relax and do their thing. Part of me would rather be out working dogs or all the bazillion other things I enjoy instead of Christmas preparation. Then I bring it back to my list of "what is important" and I know it's a gift I give my family....gathering around good food and a comfortable home to share the day.
I'm here working on my second cup of coffee....most of the work has been done. My little immediate family is coming tonight for dinner, gifts and perhaps Santa. Then tomorrow is a leftover brunch of all the good things to eat with more family. My one wish is that the two days of Christmas be filled with love and laughter and surprises of the spontaneous. I'll remind myself to keep my eyes open for the tiny miracles while not grasping, fist clenched to the demands of expectation. In fact, this is a good reminder for the coming year.
In non-Christmas news....Josephine is in heat! gah. The challenge of having an intact male dog has manifested three fold as Miss Josie is bringing her mama and her aunt Sal into heat too! Poor Jon Snow...and poor me for that matter! I'm mastering the dance of keeping dogs separate. Josie is confused and Jon is super biddable...so far so good. Once Josie is out of heat, my challenge will become a little easier as those two are besties. Sal is the one I really have to worry about......she is a sneaky slut and has a history of oops litters. If I knew of someone close, I would consider sending Jon off for a month......we will see!
My favorite week of the year is just around the corner. I love the week after Christmas and all the fun work of remembering the closing year and looking ahead to the new year. It's good work for me......
Merry Christmas to all of you......may the coming days be filled with all that is important to you......all the way into the new year!
Seize the Day


No comments:
Post a Comment