Friday, May 4, 2018

NEXT.....

I'm taking the puppies to a clinic next weekend.  I'd sort of sworn off clinics after the last one I attended.....but I am open to what's next.  There are a handful of people I respect and trust when it comes to training young dogs and I know I have to rise to occasion when it becomes available.  I think my Achilles heal in dog training is:  I train by myself all the time.  I can get stuck in seeing things the same way and then wondering if it's time to try something new.  Is it time to open a flank?  Should I put some pace and feel on this dog?  Am I driving prematurely?

The clinic is, I believe, designed to address these questions.  So, in preparation, I am writing all of them out in the coming week so I am ready for my turns next weekend.  And, of course, with two radically different puppies.....the list is going to be very long.  hahahahah  Poor, poor clinician.

I'm also toying with sending one of my puppies off for training.  I have never done this before and it might be fun to see how that works.  Since I have two....it would leave me a dog to train myself for the winter.  Every now and then, the allure of buying in a trained dog tickles the back of my head.  I think, I have the dogs I enjoy...perhaps send one of those off and see how that goes.   So many options....

The weather here has turned amazing!  I need to work on my discipline of working pups every day and then doing all the other things.  My list of things to do in the spring can be overwhelming!  I think I need to stick with the idea that life is short...eat dessert first and train puppies first thing in the day.  I'm loving my little field down below......it is perfect!

I'll be back.......

Seize the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment