Friday, November 9, 2012

Good Morning, Joe


Good Morning, Bryan....What's new?

Oh dear, not sure if this is good or bad, but I have Monty Python on the brain....right before a clinic!

"Frank was just asking, what's new?.....Hey look, Howard's being eaten!"

I've been thinking lately about "why" I blog. I know there has been discussion about this in the past but I've been evaluating that again. I blog for myself....to sort through my journey of life....which is funny how the dog training, working, and trialing, mixed in with the raising of sheep, is a huge, accurate pictorial metaphor of my whole life! I blog like a journal...which is a little frightening because it is public and people read it, sometimes. Although I have heard there are those who like my blog roll on the far right and visit to use those doors. (glad to be of help, Joe). My blog is a bit of venerability; a piece of myself. Maybe by sharing the wicked wrestlings of my right and left brain....I can give others hope that this journey is amazing....dogs/sheep/life! And maybe, just maybe, my blog is like an OTA meeting, "Hello, my name is Lora and I am an over-thinker" They say the first step is admitting......my blog is certainly that in white on black!

"Makes you think, doesn't it? I mean, what's it all about"

What my dogs have taught me so far:

*Don't be afraid to make mistakes
*If it is not working, try something different
*Be fair. Be firm and fair.
*Be consistent
*Be clear -mean what you say - say what you mean
*Be quiet so that loud has meaning
*Frivolous chit chat is never a good idea, to yourself or to your dog
*Just like people, dogs interpret......it's the telephone game. Work to be understood
*Use the smallest correction and fit the crime; sometimes disappointment works.
*On the other hand, don't nag....making an impressionable correction might be what is needed.

"For millions this life is a sad vale of tears
Sitting round with really nothing to say
While scientists say we're just simply spiralling coils
Of self-replicating DNA."


* Choose wisely       
* Pay close attention to Intention
* Hone skills of Observation
* Strive for Supple: tension free in self and dog
* Stay cool....tempers and anger create fear not relationship
* Listen, listen carefully
* Study: thoroughly, complete, wholeheartedly
* Become

"So just why, why are we here?
And just what, what, what, what do we fear?
Well ce soir, for a change, it will all be made clear,
For this is the Meaning of Life - c'est le sens de la vie -
This is the Meaning of Life."


Off to a clinic.....

Seize the Day!

 


5 comments:

  1. About all Scott remembers from that movie is "But monsieur, it is waaffer thin."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what I found??? A DVD copy of the Meaning of Life! Packed and ready.....Ms. M knows all the words.....this is going to be fun! Oh I have so many quotes going through my head....Oh no, not the Salmon Pate`

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget to discuss whether Burt Bacharach is a phi-los-i-pher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you already...the woman behind the clinician! Maybe a girls' weekend is in order.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no! Maybe we can Skype you in LOL.

    "And finally... a wafer thin mint!"

    "You can wrap it up in ribbons, you can slip it in your sock!"

    or perhaps

    "What is it, Carter?"
    "An ocarina, sir..."

    ReplyDelete