Here is the flat field on Sunday morning. Saturday proved to be very challenging......as Geri said, the sheep were winning. I ran second with Sally on Sunday...and had one of those runs that keeps a person coming back. It was magical.....the sheep really liked her and she did a good job finding where she needed to be. Our drive work was the best we have done together. I even got my pen! That feeling of complete team work is something I have been striving for.....and my girl gave me her all. I am so dang proud of her....
now I just need to wrap my head around getting my shed with good, clean, consistent technique! Amanda Milliken just sent this shot of me.....and Sally getting our shed. Hmmm......okay.....I've got some work to do!
I must admit...the sheep were so tough...it made the trial! I am continuing to see how much of a run is the handler's job of reading situations and helping put the dog where it needs to be. Hence, my journey continues........
On the long....(did I mention LONG!) drive home....I kept thinking of my runs...what went really great.....what was consistent with my goes at Heppner...and what I need to clean up. I am glad to have the month of April to sort through, soul search, and clean up before I head to Big Willow. It is now Spring Break.....time to Seize the Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment