Sunday, March 1, 2009

Accessorize

Yesterday was the day to accessorize the lambs. I called my 16 year old son and asked if he and his two friends would like to come catch lambs for me. They all said that sounded like FUN! So, after a little game of chase and catch....each lamb was given an ear piercing...with a "salmon" colored tag....girls on the left...boys on the right. Might I mention that "salmon" is NOT a very pretty color when it comes to ear tags....but back to the task. I was afraid I was going to lose my very enthusiastic and FREE help when I flipped the first boy lamb and applied his matching day-glow orange band....but I talked those city boys through it and the task was done in record time. The boys did not hang out with me...but left as quickly as possible....I don't know why ;)
Here's Val...still the cutest lamb at Rocking Dog Ranch...and I still don't tell the others! And in the background....little 902 looks like he is trying to figure out why the girls did not get day-glow bands.....
Seize the day!!!

2 comments:

  1. I bet the next time you ask your son to help, he will run quickly in the other direction!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, gorgeous lambies.. Such a shame they have to grow up! :-D

    Love your blog, I really enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete