The trial season for me and my dogs is fast approaching....and I am sorting out all my winter training thoughts.
Gyp is fully recovered from her Cuz incident and has turned into a naughty, high-drive 16 month old teenager. I really love this stage.....it is so fun to work and train her and see development. Love it when the light comes on and she has an "ah ha" moment!
I've been giving a lot of thought to mechanical vs natural. And thanks to a few friends who understand my ability to over think things.....I've had some really fabulous discussions. I am headed to a Kathy Kn*x clinic this weekend and it will be good to get back to my roots and find some grounding.
My goal for this spring is to work on training my dogs to understand a few "things" that I have taken for granted that they know. That way, I don't find myself frustrated with them when I try to have them do something that I think they should know but I have never worked on. Say that five times fast!
Lastly, on a personal level, I have been taking a few on-line courses on personal development/improvement. The concept of "what you think about, you become" is not a new one...in fact it is as old as it comes. Killing my ANTs...."automatic negative thoughts" is a daily chore, the big ANTs are dieing whilst the little ants crawl through cracks and build nests. As I become more aware of negative.....thoughts, people, behavior, words.....I challenge myself to persevere, live the dream, seize the day, go to great lengths to kill all the ANTs, and the biggest challenge of all...surround myself with people who aren't in the ANT farm business.
I ain't settling for just getting by...I've had enough "so-so" for the rest of my life...tired of shooting too low...so raise the bar high....Just enough ain't enough this time....I ain't settling for anything less than everything!
Yes indeed, life is a country song!
Seize the day!
hope you have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteGood job friend. Love the message in that song.
ReplyDelete