I recently took a road trip to work dogs at the Border Collie Training Center. I had Sally out in the pasture, minding my own business, and working my little dog. She was looking pretty fine.....
when all the sudden Geri yelled to me....."hey, just thought you might want to know there is a badger in the field!"
WHAT?
"A BADGER!"
This badger was busy digging away...dirt flying...and not at all worried about me, my dog, or the flock of sheep. Sally and I thought we better train as far from that badger as possible...I've heard badgers like valley girls!
Geri and Meg came out to show us a few stylish moves...and that darn badger came running across the field to get a closer view. Perhaps it was taking notes, or offering whispered advice.....
in all honesty it looked like it wanted to kick all of our butts!
Sure hope that badger does not want to audit the clinic this weekend!
I am so excited about this weekend. A life dream of mine is coming true as I attend an Alasdair MacRae clinic. Now if Mother Nature could decide to get on board and give up some sun instead of snow, I would be so very thankful. It is April after all.
Seize the Day!
Tell Marty I would have taken a shovel out but then Geri told the story about the badger climbing the shovel handle to kick Dan's butt and I decided to just take pics! :)
ReplyDeleteIt's always good to have a guy with a gun.
ReplyDelete