I LOVE dreams. For me the bigger the better on the dream factor. I also love the process of over thinking and then letting go...making vision boards and sorting and sifting then letting go. Actually the letting go part is sort of hard for me.....as my friends read this and snicker.....but I am finding that, as much as action is essential for success...so is letting go. Thus I pry my fingers from clutching and hold myself back from that last ditch lunge to be in control of my destiny.
For me, this started a few years back when Geri asked if I could help edit a Derek Scrimgeour video. I loved it so much.....and I do believe I told her that I would like to work more closely with future projects. Then as sometimes happens....life went on with complication and change and the idea simmered on that infamous back burner.
Last January, I had a dream. One of those dreams that start out in the sleep and then bursts into the day time which seemed to add color and vivid details to the already charismatic dream. It is always fun to share those moments with a friend...and that day my dream merged with Geri's dream and we became the dream catchers. Who knew it was going to be like having a baby! The excitement of the idea.....the process of the development.....sleepless nights and sickness and grumpiness on my part! Waiting and working and wondering. And here we are just 9+ months later as we enter the delivery room....sending the first project off to be packaged for sales!
Welcome Little Horse Mountain Productions! The wild dream that became reality and now, hopefully inspires and allows others tools to achieving their own dreams. Our first project with Patrick Shannahan is a series of sheepdog training DVDs....called Building a Winning Team. Off to a Good Start talks about the foundation a young pup will need to become a working dog.
Little Horse Mountain Productions filmed and then put all that film into telling the story of training stock dogs. Once the video is looking close to being done, part of the fun is watching it over and over to make changes and see what else is needed. Nell previewed the video with me.....giving Patrick tips on sheep control! Bella also got involved as one of the dogs Patrick worked with was also a Bella. I had some really beautiful "lie downs" off stock with my Bella, thanks to Patrick Shannahan!
I have goose bumps as I write this...putting my dream to words and out for the world to see. Today feels like the first day of the dream being "real" as the DVD heads to be reproduced and packaged! And the dream just keeps getting bigger and better as Little Horse Mountain Productions continues the journey! In the coming weeks, we will be launching our next production with yet another fabulous trainer.
I think it could not be more appropriate to close with:
SEIZE THE DAY!!!!!!!
PS the winner of the rose colored glasses has been picked.....thanks for playing. I with I could buy everybody rose colored glasses and thus make the world a rosier place.
One of the hardest things for an artist to do is to know when a piece is done. Something can always be tweaked, added to or taken away. But knowing when to stop and let go is a gift.
ReplyDeleteCogratulations. Well done you. <3
Congratulations :)
ReplyDeleteAnd you should post who the winner was! :)
Yeah what Monique said. Who won? So we can watch their sky rocket to success on the trial field with the new eyes. LOL
ReplyDeleteI am so very happy for you! A realization of a dream is sweet, oh so very sweet. Cannot wait to order our copy!
ReplyDelete