I have the best ideas for a couple of Reality Show.....I shared one with a few handlers at Fireridge and got raving approval dished out in unstoppable laughter. "Shedding With The Stars" pairing new-to-open handlers with top open handlers in an attempt to create the perfect shedding team. Derek Fisher comes to mind as a top hand that would be fun for the show.....fabulous shedder but also quick witted and willing to "call it like he sees it". I am sure if I were paired with Derek, he would address my wardrobe and lazy-girl pony tail in addition to my shedding style! During the three shedding clinics I have participated in with Scott Glen, I have often wondered where the hidden cameras were located. I even believe he might have stolen a line from Best In Show, muttering how it sure looked like I had two left feet.
While at the recent sheepdog trial this past weekend, another show came to mind. As I blasted out my new found finger whistles without a hint of subtlety or the quiet nuances that make the loud whistle have understandable impact, I thought maybe we could do The Whistle. Four top handlers with their backs turned picking a handful of pathetic whistlers to groom into magnificent productions of whistling amazement. The performance round would be fought out on the trial field where inappropriate yelling could result in a speed bump of having to come to my place and help me trim hooves!
Or how about Survivor: Sheep Station where handlers without sheep of their own are airlifted and dropped at a sheep operation to help during lambing season! As I drove the back roads to a job, a few days back, I saw a shepherd laying in the wet field, up to his armpit in reality, removing a lamb from a laboring ewe. That made me smile as I imagined the shepherd trying to coach a city girl. Then around the corner, my heart broke as three bald eagles were paparazzi as a ewe birthed a lamb..waiting patiently for their next government protected meal. Maybe that might be too real for a reality show.
How about The Amazing Race where teams are flown around the world to work at different sheep operations ending up at a local trial! Worst team at the trial might be kicked off the show! Now that show sounds like a whole lot of fun.....UK, Europe, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand......where do I sign up for THAT show?!
Sigh..now it is back to my reality show...Living the Dream. Today I need to vaccinate the training sheep, worm and trim some hooves. I also need to schedule the shearer to come and finalize preparations for grazing the neighbors. Maybe even slip in some dog work with a few sheds and start to address my loud finger whistles. It is said, it is not the destination, rather the journey that is to be enjoy. Time to lift my eyes from the side of my mountain climb and
Seize the Day!
I want to do the Amazing Race if I can take my own dogs!
ReplyDeleteI do like the idea of The Whistle. That's funny!
I really need to go on "The Whistle" !!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so in!!! Funny, and fun. :)
ReplyDelete