Thursday, August 29, 2013

Six Weeks

 



In six short weeks, I'll be back on the road again...this time pushing past Kentucky, further east...all the way to Virginia.  As I sit here and put words to my feelings, this is what I see.....all the way across America.  There are days where I can not believe I am driving...and days where I am very excited for the adventures that are sure to fill trip.

Bella and Nell are all signed up for the 2013 finals.  Gosh, pinching myself, I write again, Bella and Nell are all signed up and in on the first cut for the 2013 finals. 

Me, well I have six weeks to continue to get ready.  Bella has a soft tissue injury that I am working on rehabbing.  It is good to practice the art of letting go. Where I might be drilling and adding in a bit of more drill......stops and open flanks and look backs, oh my.......Bella and I are taking time off from sheep.  Nell and I work a bit...me on reading sheep....her on listening; however, no drilling.  Just sticking to relationship and knowing the finals are not an end destination but just a scenic stop on the road to where I'm headed. 

Then there is me, I have six weeks to get me ready.  I'm continue my whistle work and I'm looking at my brain and thoughts: Mental Management and Toughness.  I love listening to sport psychologist and their take on what keeps the athletes from reaching their full potential. How to really access the most from my brain is a challenge for sure.

So the count down begins......and I'm right back to working on me. Funny how dogs bring perspective to life......all about me becoming if I'm up to the challenge.

Seize the Day!


1 comment:

  1. We are going to have fun at the finals!!
    Get some Traumeel - you can find it at some pharmacies and most health food stores- for Bella. Use the tabs (crush them up and put them in her mouth) one tab twice a day and get the gel to rub on the sore spot. And ice ice ice. I am amazed at how quickly it has helped Hemp's broken foot heal.

    ReplyDelete