Monday, January 26, 2009

One GREAT Clinic

One of my new year's resolutions for 2009 is CONSISTENCY. With that in mind, I am looking for all the opportunities to work with trainers that really speak to how I train.....want to see me get better..... are not afraid to hurt my feelings but will speak truth to me......and provide that consistency that I seek when working with my dogs. That opportunity presented itself with a Kathy Knox clinic in Arlington this past weekend. Here, Nell awaits her turn....not patiently....but not out of control either.Nell bringing the sheep on her first go.....nicely covering the draw!
I get the valuable input on what Nell and I need to work on. Nell is a pushy little thing...always a bit forward...so we will work on that.....
I must confess that Nell looks so much better at home! Funny that! Which brings me to my second "c" of training for 2009....CRITERIA. I am beginning to look at myself and my criteria...checking to make sure that I keep it CONSISTENT. Nell is beginning to understand that I don't change regardless if the sheep change, or the place changes....or the weather changes.....


Speaking of which......this is what I woke up to Sunday morning for the clinic!
Oh, another snow picture......but well worth the clinic. I must say...I love working with Kathy. I love the fact she gives concrete homework. I think I actually learn more watching her work with other dogs...and then applying that same knowledge as I work my dogs. What a GREAT clinic it was. Until the next clinic........

Seize the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment