There was a bonfire...like it helped! And the trial was a HUGE success. So here is what I need to work on......Miss Sally not getting stuck on the exhaust sheep! Being a BCTC member.....the next day I was able to take sheep out onto the very same trial field.....left set up as everybody else went to Lana's cow dog trial.....and Sally and I worked on a few things. Like hitting panels.....with a guard dog for distraction.
And then a very good friend joined me and took sheep out so Sally could get to the outrun she missed by obsessing over the exhaust sheep. I think the outrun was about 500 yards...maybe a bit more. Miss Killiebrae Sally....who has only seen sheep on bright green pastures.....did indeed find the dirty white sheep amidst the tan tumble weeds! With only Dee as my witness...her outrun, lift and fetch were near perfect!
Thank you Geri Byrne......from the bottom of my heart....for providing such a fabulous place to work and train dogs! I had the BEST weekend....well, a score would have made it perfect....next time!!!!!Seize the Day!

No comments:
Post a Comment