Monday, March 15, 2010

Sheep Shear Help

Sally has been struggling with a leg injury. She has been on crate rest for a couple of weeks...and though she looks better, she is still sore. I pulled from the Heppner Sheepdog Trial....and decided to not sit around and feel sorry for myself. Instead, I went out to help a friend shear for a while....get some perspective and stay busy.

Here the sheep are loaded from the big pen in the back of the barn...into a holding pen that feeds the chute so the sheep can be taken, one by one. I love the chickens watching from the roost....as did Miss Gyp! She loved the chickens...and all the chicken pooh....and ended up back in the car!
The sheep are then taken, one at a time, to the waiting shearer. I am always amazed at how fast the sheep are shorn.....and how the shearers backs hold up! Mine hurts just watching!!!!

Ta Da! The sheep are now naked....and ready to lamb.

I am waiting to finish lambing to get my girls wool off. 2010...the year of the "Never Ending" "Hotel California" Lambing.....

Seize the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment