Laura over at Crooks and Crazies started this cool "Tell Me Thursday" event a while ago...and a bunch of blogging friends joined in telling their deepest secrets to Laura weekly. Whenever I had blogger's block, I knew TMT would get me going again. Laura recently went into early TMT retirement and I was excited to see eyeherdewe launch a Tuesday event, which has come and gone. Yet people continue blogging their answers to the questions hanging out in Internet space. I've been looking for some profound, heady, zen/Buddha/ninja type of over-thinker's question...and all I could come up with was this. This one question that was a topic of discussion at a recent trial......
WHAT WOULD YOU NEVER NAME YOUR NEXT DOG????
and why?
For me, I would never name my next dog: Tucker, Debit or Itch.
Not that any of those names are not nice names.....I know a few very nice Tuckers and Debits....however, I sometimes yell my dog's name up the field to them from the post so many hundreds of yards away. I know how Tucker (yelled in my voice) would sound, echoing through the valley at say Big Willow. And probably the preface of "listen here you little mother" would only add to the Tucker name misunderstanding from a judge. Same with the "gawd" that might happen before the Debit or the "you little" before an Itch.
For me, I will stick with the safer, more traditional names.
Seize the Day!
NICE!!! Thanks for picking up the ball. I'm going to try to pare down my DO NOT NAME A DOG THIS list and post something worthy.
ReplyDeleteI agree that this whole Tell Me thing helps when the blog idea well is dry. We should all jump in every week with a question.
I have a son named Tucker :) But I can't say that when I yell out his name there are time people don't wonder what I'm calling my child LOL
ReplyDeleteI don't think TMT is going to be gone forever, just until after the holidays...
ReplyDeleteI like Katy's idea...I think the person that presents a question should pick them next person...
And for some reason I can't leave a comment using my Google account...
Jaenne'
Atta Girl Katy!
ReplyDeleteLOL Kelly.
Jaenne...I did not really mean Laura was done forever. I was sort of trying to put a little pressure on her to come back and save me. I can't even begin to figure out her widget for comments and how it ties all our blogs together.
That said, I agree with you and Katy. I promise to assign the task of creativity to be passed around. That does indeed sound like one of those swell ideas I would never have come up with by myself! btw I can't leave comments with Goggle either! grrrr
So come on.....there have to be dog names...we had a whole list going and I can not remember the half of them.
L
Oh, this is a perpetual argument in our house. We have alot of dogs pass through here so we are always looking for names. I want them to all be single syllable but not traditional. I like something different: like, Tea, or Tide, (I like Pitch but he was right, we couldn't use that one) but Scott wants to name them all Sweep or Fly. It drives me crazy 'cause I don't like reusing names.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Lora! I do have a couple names ready for the next dogs, but hadn't really thought much on what not to use. . .I have a theme going.
ReplyDeleteThinking, thinking. . .
I really like the name Puck, but yeah... The best name I've chosen is Beep.
ReplyDelete