Monday, November 28, 2011

I Like It, I Love It, I Want Some More Of It.....

The last trial of the Willamette Valley Sheepdog Trifecta was on Saturday.  I'm very sad to see this series come to an end.....but what a group of trials it was!

There was a lot of camaraderie and friendship being shared...


a lovely fire to keep warm while watching.....


a very nice field......


some fabulous dogs.....



a few challenging sheep....



a very good judge.....


a gracious hostess



and at the end of the day... there were the winners.......


Judge Jo Ferguson, Lynn Johnston, Ian Caldicott, Elissa Thau, Laura Vishoot
Jesse & Joe Kid
 Ian Caldicott and his Joe Kidd were the champions yet again this year.  Lynn Johnston and Jesse were the reserve. 

I really had a great time....I just love running three open dogs!  I could go on and on with all the over-thinking I took away from my runs! Each of them so different and yet a common theme showing up with each that is challenging how I view my handling.  I managed to achieve one of my personal goals in not touching my brass whistle once.  I do confess I thought about it on all three runs and most especially on Nell's!  For all the discipline, I have a blister on my top lip and I know I need to work on the nuances of these finger whistles...especially the quiet side as I have the loud whistles down!

It is time to begin the December journey through my goals of 2011.....sorting out what dreams lie ahead for 2012!

Seize the Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment