Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Newest Arrivals


You probably thought I was going to go on and on about all the cute, little lambs I have at Rocking Dog Ranch...and indeed I will!  However, I got three new hens yesterday and I just love them!

I might be the only one who does right about now.....


Yesterday, I saw, in action, where the term "pecking order" came from.  Also, "hen pecked"....I've seen a bit of that as well.  The two original youngsters are doing all right but their mom is fit to be tied.  She liked it when it was just her family here (even though I get one egg a day and that won't feed my growing boys when they get home from college).  I tried some chicken whispering to the new girls telling them to "just go ahead and let her be boss...k?"


They whispered back, "not just yet...we are having way too much fun."



The girls had apparently worked it all out for bed time as my late night check revealed all of them tucked into the hen house getting rested for the next day's adventures.  Wish I could teach them to lamb......

Seize the day!

1 comment: