Thursday, February 16, 2012

TET

We interrupt the regularly scheduled TMT program to bring you this very important announcement.  Another hen at Rocking Dog Ranch has decided to start laying eggs!  Yes folks, she has sold her soul to the sweatshop owner and is now producing eggs...small eggs but eggs none the less! 4 free loaders continue to walk the thin line between SPA and crock pot!

Two Egg Thursday

The hens are finally beginning to integrate....no more riding at the back of the bus fancy girls! (ps that is NOT their hen house....it is the smoking shed where they take their breaks)



In other news......


some times when I am out at the ranch, minding my own business just doing my chores, I get this really creepy feeling that someone is watching me. I don't understand......



This lamb is #2 only because I could not write on his black brother who is now #1.  Sounds silly but it works for me...I don't forget who should be sporting which ear tag....because somehow I forgot to order ear tags this year which has left me writing numbers on my lambs!  So I did....order ear tags from Pemier One and Ginko from the chiropractor.  Now if I can just remember to take the darn Ginko.  That said, I changed ear tag styles this year...last year I lost over half of my ear tags from stinky lambs sticking their heads through the fence...little mischief makers.  I am trying the bending snap tags for better luck...however, it might be a silly year to make the switch as ALL my lambs are boys so far. Boys = not staying.  Needless to say, I picked blue for my 2012 color....it seems like a good year to try blue. This weekend I will put their ear tags in.....the neighbors all want me to keep with the big, painted, side numbers so they can have lamb race bets.

Seize the Day!

2 comments:

  1. Orange works on black lambs. So does yellow but it fades easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EGGS!!! WOOT! Girls gotta be earning their keeps. :)

    ReplyDelete