Today I made a haul to the auction yard....I always feel a little sad driving the truck, pulling the trailer, sheep needing culled, dropping them off at the auction. On the other hand, I'm a little melancholy on "processing" day too. I know to be a responsible sheep person, I need to cull and process. Today, being responsible sucked. Check that off my to-do list.
After the auction stop, I headed down the road to a good friends house for some "girl time". If you have not read Shannon's story about her felted dogs and the WHY behind them....read about it at Kenleigh Acres Farm Blog Having a son, myself, that required some serious "outside the box" education, I have a real soft spot in my heart for Shannon's son. Shannon's "take" on life is such a fabulous elixir so soak in when Lost is the adjective for my noun of Down Time. A group of girl friends were getting together to learn to make these now famous felted animals. I asked to audit but instead was given the "felting for dummies" mini course....a sheep laying down (no legs to felt) sleeping (no eyes to worry about)...all very free form. Sigh.
| This was a Kiwi bird in the making |
We were treated to a special private show of "Rose, the Disc Dog."
Mr. T has done amazing things with Ms. Rose. Being a typical border collie, Rose loves having a job to do, and does that job with enthusiasm I wish I could put in a jar and take daily doses of myself!
Being "lost" in not such a bad place to be when there are friends around to bring perspective. Can't wait to see what the next page looks like in this chapter of Down Time!
Seize the Day!
As someone that struggles with 'down time' I can truly appreciate the feelings you are dealing with. I am so happy we were here to help you not feel lost and enjoy the moment. Loved seeing you and spending time with you :)
ReplyDelete