Thursday, November 29, 2012

Who Knew???

Yesterday, while I waited around a lot....I learned that Buck Brannaman has a 7 Clinic DVD series.......7 Clinics with Buck Brannaman  Who Knew?  But wait, it gets even better......on YouTube the creators have done little teasers...here is my favorite:




After watching this, I was thinking about the first days with my Bella.  She came with a lot of tension and I have to admit, I was afraid.  I was afraid she was gong to kill a sheep, I was afraid she would never trust me, I was afraid that all my time and effort would be wasted.  One of my mentors told me there was a nice dog trapped in Bella.  I needed to either sell her or commit a year to her...but my "wishy washy, gosh I like her one minute and want to sell her the next" was not doing her the justice she deserved.  So I gave her a year....and that year turned into two.  My Bella has taught me so much, once I opened myself up to learning. Through Bella, I've learned about trust, relationship, and seeking answers.  The biggest gift she has given me.....I'm not afraid of what a dog can do anymore. 

Check out the 7 Clinics with Buck Brannaman teasers here....on YouTube

Seize the Day!

2 comments:

  1. Good post. I was so worried about starting Champ. He looked like Cujo ready to eat sheep. When I dropped the line, he came on to his sheep like a gentleman. Fear is one's biggest enemy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gvmama, oh yes, I love right where you are....starting a dog. The pages are blank....though I'm sure the preview, written by the pup's mom and dad, give one a lot to look forward to in anticipation for the meat of the book. That is one of the amazing gifts of starting a dog from scratch. All that is there is the result of the two of you! A 21 month old already has chapters filled in....that is where my story began with Bella. A little different beginning....and there were days where some of my fears were growing feet.......good mentors are worth their weight in gold! Thanks for reading me!

    ReplyDelete