I was reading an article from an ultimate sports magazine (yep, that's one we subscribe to here in this household) and the story was told about a runner that had to cross a long bridge that spanned a river far below while running an ultra 100 mile run. In my minds eye, I envision a rickety, wood slatted bridge with rope hand holds, built for traversing, not stability. The runner in the story was struggling with the thought of crossing that deep chasm using the swinging, rickety bridge. His companion, knowing that the bridge must be crossed, and having crossed it before himself, gave sage advice: "focus on where you want to go. If you look down, you will go down; keep your focus on the other side...and you'll be just fine"
Focus on where you want to go!
Somedays it is more difficult to not look, focus on, or worry about where I don't want to go. Probably one of the reasons that I am a great visualizer is because I've allowed myself much practice imagining all the things that could go wrong in any given scenario. That totally useless, worry mentality is muscle memory that I am putting a cast on to allow for atrophy while the "focus on where I want to go" develops into a strong alpha bitch muscle.
In addition to worry, what I'm not good at deserves just a cursory glance. To become the best me I can be, I know I have to look at what I am not good at; a quick study that allows for assessment on what needs to be done to get better. While assessing what needs work, I find myself digging deep, not to focus but to understand what deserves my focus......on where I want to go.
Focus on where I want to go.......today is a good day to do just that! While I'm at it, I think I will
Sieze the Day!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment