Friday, October 23, 2015

Windows and Doors, Baby

They say that when God closes a door, he opens a window.......

The day after I put Miss BK down.....THIS happened:


This big gray kitty has been mousing in my field for a few months now.  Appearing feral as the day is long, running when it caught sight of me, I knew it was cavorting in my barn at night.  My game cam caught the cat the night before:



Last evening, I was tucking Hello in for the night...she was talking to me.  And as we chatted, I herd a little whisper meow and looked out to see the gray cat skulking around....looking very hungry. So I grabbed a dish and some kitty food and the rest is feral cat history part two:


I'm not sure where the cat spends her time....I think it is a her.  She is a lovely cat and ever so friendly but thinner than I have ever seen an animal; all ribs and back bone and hair.  I've begun the process of working with the fabulous Feral Cat Society to help get this kitty fixed.

I just read that the community I moved into has a huge feral cat problem.  I'm hoping that I can be a part of the solution......but don't want to become their favorite hangout.  I mean really.....I'm not a crazy cat woman....nor do I ever want to be. But that said, if this cat can have help with the rodents around the place.....she, who is now creatively named Socks...can stay.

Doors and windows, baby.

Seize the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment