You don't get the things you wish for, you get
what you work for!
Sometimes it's really hard and tiring,
sometimes you'll feel like it's impossible and you're never going to get there.
Sometimes you'll feel like giving up and sometimes you will slip up or throw in
the towel. But if you want this, you really want it then you'll have to be
strong and resilient, you'll have to be dedicated and you'll have to believe
that it's possible to get there. Motivation is a day-to-day thing that you're
responsible for, just as you need to be responsible for your actions. - It
won't happen accidentally and it won't happen immediately. It's going to take
deliberate effort every day and it's going to take hard work and consistency!
.
I know I want it, I want to be my best and I want to live my best life
possible and I won't give up on myself!
NOW, how bad do YOU want it and what
are you prepared to do to get it?? ~Emily Skye
Emily Skye was talking about fitness and
health.....however, this really spoke to me this morning as I think of my day
ahead...and a bunch of days after that....as I work to beat the rain......oh,
living the dream!! The farmhouse is coming together nicely, my big
project is staining the deck as I work on that goal for timely
completion.
The land...well that is another matter.
No one has loved on this land for years and years. I have weeds
beyond the wildest imagination....thistles of every single variety and I think
they have been cross breeding! And then there is the dreaded Mother
of all Weeds....I've been putting on a backpack sprayer and walking
daily.....hoping it counts as exercise and living with arms going numb at
night.
Then there were the coyotes that came in close
last night......yipping and barking behind the sheep loafing shed. I laid
in bed contemplating getting up with my big flashlight and going out to scare
them......all the while praying the little fence zapper is enough for now to
zap those bastards.
Here is what I am learning:
1) friends are amazing and the good stuff of
life. A good friend gave me a sprayer for the back of my four wheeler.
I now can carry 15 gallons of "die dreaded weeds" and still
spot spray! In addition, I have some pretty great rye grass to spread.
2) Dreams come with learning experiences.....and
I have a lot of those to fall back on from previous "living the
dreams". Sheep with polio...well, I was able to see the symptoms
pretty darn fast and treat with Thiamine and Banamine giving that particular
sheep more time to live the dream with me. I know what the dreaded Mother
of all Weeds looks like in the infantile, easy to kill stage....and knowing
that is powerful.
3) Hard work can be good for the soul....well
at least mine. I love getting down and dirty and then love even more
sitting back and admiring my handy work. As I make my list of
things-to-do, it gets longer and longer but I am sorting out priority. I
think fencing my bottom 40 has begun to rise to the top...with that fenced, it
will allow for grazing and dog work while I sort my closer pastures.
I'm working on the allowing as well:
knowing I am right where I am supposed to be. Being grateful as I
go to bed at night for what was accomplished during the day...be it farm work
or time with friends. Finding that balance most certainly top of my list......now
to figure out a way to get that pasture fenced so I can work dogs. Living
the dream.........
Seize the Day
No comments:
Post a Comment