YEA!!!! Yahooooo!!!! The 2010 lambing season FINALLY starts!!!
Two years ago, I bought a katahdin ram from a friend. You can imagine my surprise when I found a number of "barbado" looking lambs! I was assured by a well known and respected katahdin breeder that the "barb" markings can be found in katahdins. So, this year, I put this katahdin ram 

to my favorite "katahdin dressed in barb clothes" ewe.....and got this shiny white lamb!
Genetics are so fascinating! Besides the fact that you don't have to dock tails....or shear them....and they are FANTASTIC mothers.....I like all the different color and marking combinations of the kathadin.
I say to the ewes left to lamb.....BRING IT ON, SISTAS!!!!!!! Bring it on!
Genetics are so fascinating! Besides the fact that you don't have to dock tails....or shear them....and they are FANTASTIC mothers.....I like all the different color and marking combinations of the kathadin.
I say to the ewes left to lamb.....BRING IT ON, SISTAS!!!!!!! Bring it on!Seize the day!
Beautiful lamb!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beauty. We are looking forward to seeing more :)
ReplyDeleteShe is adorable and I really like the markings on your ram. You know me, I love the spots :)
ReplyDelete