Way back, when Bella's puppies were 5 weeks old, a very nice couple contacted me about testing their rescue border collie on sheep....and helping them make a game plan for training her. They own a sheep ranch and needed a dog to help them get their chores done. Well....long story short.....they ended up buying a Bella pup!

I called her The Black One...and then Soot.....but she found a new name....Serendipity....aka Sera!
Now, just two months after Sera left for her life on a sheep ranch, her owners invited me out to work dogs! Of course.....love to....here twist my arm!!!! So off I went to see Sera and her big sister Mandi.....and work a few dogs.

Isn't she beautiful?? She looks so much like Bella it amazed me. And when Bella came out to work sheep....Sera was so glad to see her mama! Sera got to watch Bella work.....and I do believe her natural sheep drive is coming out.....

Sera's owners are doing such a fabulous job raising her up. She has a great temperament and nice manners. I did a poor job with the camera in my excitement to work new sheep....next time I will take pictures of her with her mom....and also her playing with Gyp....because they were glad to meet each other and were fast friends.
These ewes are getting ready to lamb next month....... a cool adaptation of a green house for a ewe pen!

What a great day......it was sunny. Great fun to take advantage of this one last day of a teaser spring....I hear rain is on its way.
Seize the day!!!
PS Mole:2 Me:0
What a great day! Sera is adorable and sounds like she is going to mature into a great sheep dog for them.
ReplyDelete