Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Traveling Blogger

Well, it is that time of year....yes sirreee....and my wonderful husband and fabulous children got me a little baby lap top! It is so freaking cool!!! Now I can blog on the road....which is exactly what I am doing right now. Gosh technology is GREAT!

My plans changed in the blink of a vet visit.....all things leading to the road to South Dakota were falling apart. Bella needs a break from trialing.....then Sally got a sore on her foot and though I started treating it at LaCamas....it was not getting any better. A brief exploratory surgery and a change in antibiotics left my vet wanting to see her again if things did not improve. A three day one way drive was beginning to look very different with the possibility of running just one pro novice dog. So I cut my losses...and sadly pulled from the trial and road trip.

As with most "things" in my life of dogs.....it went from crazy wild...to boring and mundane...to crazy and wild as I packed the car and headed to Tulelake to work dogs with Geri and Lana. I am very excited as Geri is going to show me some ways to help Nell bore into sheep.....and Lana asked me to help move her "mob" of sheep tomorrow morning! I had best read up on the article Lana wrote for the Working Border Collie Magazine about this sort of task! I'm hoping she will allow me to work Bella on this large group.....I think it would be very good for her.

Then....Miss Nell is moving to open! She will be running at the Colliding Rivers Classic in Roseburg over the weekend. Making lemonade out of lemons and the disappointment of not making it to South Dakota. I'm hoping to get this lap top all figured out to wow you with my updates on my Rocking Life on the road!

Seize the Day!!!

3 comments:

  1. So sad I will miss Nellie's Open debut. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new laptop! Very exciting :) Happy Birthday (almost). Enjoy Tulelake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in Open with Nell! I am sure she will do amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete