Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Ram Sam Sam

Growing up...I was a Girl Scout....and we used to sing a song called A Ram Sam Sam. You might have heard it.... "A ram sam sam, a ram sam sam, Guli guli guli guli guli ram sam sam" Well, yesterday I picked up a new ram...and sang that song all the way home. Brain worm for sure...so I thought I would name him...SAM!
"I do not like green eggs and ham...I do not like them, Sam I am!" I do not like them in a stew...I will not eat them with a ewe.....not with a lamb...not in a pan...I do not like them Sam I am! Dr Seuss had NOTHING on me!
But back to my story....Sam is a Bluefaced Leicester with a wee bit of Border Leicester. You can see his a natural black fleeced boy.....with very nice crimp and luster.....sporting a good body....but here is what I like best about him.........he will move off a dog!Last year's ram lamb....Mr. Hoosier Daddy.....has all the qualities that Sam has (well he does have a white fleece)....except he won't move off a dog.....he pretends to be a bottle boy...and he leaves that nasty fingerprint on his lambs! So off Hoosier goes to be some other flocks daddy.....and Sam gets to show me what a fine young father he can be....here's hoping for a few natural black fleeced lambs next year. Mixed with my 2 shetland ewe lambs and my 2 coop/bluefaced whether lambs, he also gets to show Bella and Nell how to work lambs ....... as that just might be what shows up at LaCamas on the trial field!

Here's to dreams of lambs next spring......

Seize the Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment