Monday, May 16, 2011

Gyp Did It!


This is not a good picture.  Can you see her?  That tiny black fleck on the left side of the road is Gyp!  The decision to take Gyp for her first go at trailing the sheep to the neighbor's was a whimsically, camera-free, spontaneous one.  She had to do a little gather of all the ewes and lambs out of my top most pasture...which was a little "reactionary" to say the least. But all those involved settled right down as the sheep passed through the tiny gate and the drive began.  I had my iPhone in my pocket so I snapped this shot.  I was very pleased with her level of confidence that far away from me. She eventually slide over to the right to tuck in that ewe and her triplet lambs.  Once she got them to the neighbor's field...she really did not want to leave the sheep behind to come home. 

Well done, Gyp!

Seize the Day!

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! Can I send you Even?? YOU HAVE TO GIVE HER BACK THOUGH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Loretta...absolutely....send me Even....you can have her back in say...10 years or so ;)

    ReplyDelete