Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Reality

Okay so I lied in the last post....the trip is NOT really 2,555 miles one way...it is a meager 2,429.75!  And to top it off, I get to stop for a few days and have some fun in Idaho at one of my all time favorite trials: Big Willow!  I have exciting pit stops planned on the way to the Bluegrass and also on the way home. 

I'll post pics and blog along the way.  My neighbors and I own a little Burro...not a guardian donkey but a Burro...sort of like a Scamp. Well pretty exactly like a Scamp but it is called a Burro.  It is cute and I put the very comfy bed from the RV in it.  It is darn near packed and I am just about ready to go.

Bella and Nell brushed up on a few things all week, as did I .  Working on my whistles for finesse.  Shedding, stopping, flanking, looking and listening.....but I had real work to do as well.  I wormed the flock, sorted sheep, and docked a few tails. 

In reality, I am excited beyond measure and a little nervous but that is all good.  I've got 5 books on CD.  My friends have all been out to the ranch and gotten the run down on chores.  The hubby has the place all in order.  At his request, Snook is staying home.  It feels weird to be going on my first ever road trip without her.  I shaved Bella's tummy today.....did not do a good job but it is better. Nell and Bella got a pedicure and I also put some really nasty stinky no-tick topical on the four girls that are going.

Now I am just wrapping up packing.  What to take....what is the weather going to be like?  Guess I can't take too much and there is nobody to complain about over-packing. 

Right now, I am just counting my blessings.....fabulous friends that are pitching in to make this dream come true for me.  A husband that is being very supportive....I have never left home for this long of time.  And not to be take for granted....two very nice dogs that are game for the go.

Seize the Day!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun. We are rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the weather will be nice. Bring rain gear but it won't be too bad. Mostly in the high 70's low 80s.

    ReplyDelete