Saturday, December 12, 2009

Ahhhhh.....a sheepdog trial!

I have not participated in a sheepdog trial since LaCamas in August! First it was preparation for the finals...then puppies...and more puppies...and Sally has been a little lame after stepping in a gopher hole. Sounds like a bunch of excuses...but really just life. So...today...I bundled up and left in 30 degree freezing rain....and drove to what will be my last sheepdog trial of 2009.....Palm Cottage Skating Trial. Not really the name of the trial but it is what I am calling it after passing at least 8 jack-knifed semis on the way to the trial!

It felt absolutely fantastic to get out of the house and run my dogs. Sally ran...and we worked on some things! And Bella ran...a non competitive Pro Novice run because I was chicken to jump in and throw her under the Pro Novice bus whole-heartedly. She gave me so very much. And for the first time ever since I began blogging...I did not take one picture to post!

I feel like a new woman!

Seize the day.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for getting back in the saddle, and congrats on all your hard work paying off with Bella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good time!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete