L&M Belle (aka Bella Rosa to me)
Bella is learning to drive...and with that she is starting to understand that she can control a drive and cover a draw at the same time........She has so much natural "go to head" feel for control...but stopping sheep from escaping while still in the drive mode is starting to come together for her.
Our next steps on this journey are those inside flanks! Bella has some interesting ideas on what an inside flank should look like....I'll work on them and get back with a report.
Then...we did some bigger outruns.....Where Bella used to push through the pressure point on the fetch....she is settling in and is feeling her sheep so much better.
Bella is becoming quiet the dog! She is so very different compared to the dogs I have been running. Training her is such a pleasure...though challenging...it is very rewarding! I am hoping to run her in nursery at Palm Cottage Farm Soggy Sheepdog Trial......though she is not on whistles yet...I feel like it might be time to jump in and get our feet wet!
Thanks Laura for a splendid dog working session!
Seize the day!
What a lovely team :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great day working dogs!!
ReplyDelete