Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A First For Gyp

Funny how many of my Pacific Northwest Blogging Peeps are writing about snow.  Well, not really funny....I don't particularly care for snow and in fact..in you look carefully...it is a four letter word!  I'm not a 'too hot' kind of girl...that is for sure.  But on the other hand, I am not a 'too cold' kinda girl either.  Today. right now, we are sitting at 23 degrees...to dang cold for me.  And yet, I can still be thankful that I am not down with Geri and Lana in -7 degree temps.  Sunday, I busted a groove at the ranch putting stock tank heaters in with each group of sheep......yesterday  they all had access to ice-free water.  I also put a heater in the pump house.....the sheep and llama are good as long as the electricity stays flowing! 

I just realized that this was Gyp's first snow...as she ran out into the back yard and then did big huge loping  circles...running with her nose leaving a snake path in the snow.  Really, we don't have much of the white stuff....just enough to grumble about on my end...and make good fun out of on Gyp's end.
In fact, all the collies find fun competitive games to play in the backyard frosty white.  Oh to be a dog and find joy in this!  Me, I could barely step out onto the back porch to snap this...and could not get back into the house fast enough to stand in front of the fire, trying to remember why I complain about 90 degree summer days.

Today is to be the end of our snow here for a while.....maybe Mother Nature got it out of her system....however, I think this might be her way of preparing us for what comes next. Wonder if she is taking requests.....

Seize the Day!

3 comments:

  1. @Monique...yes, dear. That is my back yard....wanna come play basketball with me? No? Okay how about you come down and let the dogs run...while we stand in front of the fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puh! You call that SNOW?!
    I can still see your lawn!

    ReplyDelete