Thursday, November 11, 2010

fun, Fun, FUN

Today started with a field trip down to Kenleigh Acres Farm where my good friend Shannon was teaching a felting class.  Now admittedly, I am not the craftiest person ever.  At least not in the "arts and crafts" sort of way...though friends might find me crafty in other ways.  Shannon assured me that I could be successful at felting a little lamb.....and being open minded to getting in touch with that other side of my brain......I was there taking her class.


Shannon kindly put a finished example on the table.....so I could visualize what the end result would look like. 


Then she gave me the necessary items to make my sheep.....which in my very humble opinion looked nothing like what I was shooting for.  I think I heard her mutter something about patience and virtue....we continued on.


Shannon then began to give detailed instruction on how to make a sheep.  Patiently starting with step one: telling and showing as she went.


A couple of my other good friends were there with me....learning right along side of me how to make cute little felted lambs.  Both of them are fiber fiends and crafty to the core so I had to push myself to keep up.



The most difficult step for me was the making of the sheep ears.  They are tiny and need to be a nice shape...and equal but mirror...you know, left ear versus right ear.  Shannon was very patient!


 Once the face, ears, and legs were made.....we atteched them by felting them onto the prepared body.

Adele assembles her sheep.



TA DA!

Not baaaaad for the first attempt at making felted sheep!  Though I admit to coming  home and making my sheep face a little tidier..... Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!  Thanks Shannon for being such a kind, gentle teacher......with a great sense of humor!

Seize the Day!                                      

1 comment:

  1. We did have lots of fun. Ok Lora, what's next? Felted Llamas?

    ReplyDelete