Monday, January 3, 2011

It's All Right......

My vision board is complete with a great list of goals attached....now it is time to start living them!  January 1, 2011...found me hitting the road....off to a sheepdog trial.  In my very humble opinion....it was the best way to start the year!  What was a long drive....turned into a longer drive with ice and then snow slowing my progress......yet I persevered and was rewarded with Gyp's first snow dance!


In fact, all the dogs were pretty stoked about the snow.....running and playing and....much to Gyp's delight...eating snow! 

Happy Snook!
After taking the dogs for a long walk to stretch their legs, it was game time.

The field was pretty good sized....and the sheep blended very nicely with the terrain!  There was a frosting of snow and a crispness to the air...making for frisky button pushing sheep!


Speaking of the sheep.....we ran on Suffolks!  They certainly had a different feel than any sheep I had ever run on before...and the girls seemed to agree with me!


Here is what I learned....we have work to do!  Sally needs conditioning...and will go back in for some blood work this week.  Nell needs good ole work.  She is not the type of dog that does well when forced to take 4 weeks off for Christmas and flooding.  What was I thinking? 

But as I said, it's all right....right where I am...is where I am going to be.  It was good to run and learn and laugh.  Geri judged!  That was fun.  And looking on the good side...I did NOT win....so I won't have to judge the next trial!  I'll sleep a little easier knowing my days of judging are not nipping at my heals.

What a great start to the new year.  Bring it!

Seize the Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment